Normunds Popens, Deputy Director General DG Regional Policy
Talking at the CENTRAL EUROPE Yearly Seminar in Halle/Saale (Germany) on 23 May 2012, Normunds Popens, Replacement Director-General of the European Compensation’s Directorate General for Regional Growth (DG REGIO), stressed that culture as well as tourist projects need to not be anymore funded by regional collaboration programs in the years 2014-2020.
There are extra efficient means for sustaining such tasks, he stated, stating other European Union (EU) funds along with national, regional, and also neighborhood financing tools as choices. Learn more listed below.
- News release
- Event program
- Innovation transfer as well as SME support
- Lasting urban/regional transport as well as transportation infrastructures
- Renewable energies and also energy efficiency
- Environment as well as risk monitoring
- Market adjustment and knowledge development
- Social heritage and resources
- Photos from the seminar can be found on the CENTRAL EUROPE Facebook page