Short Form: ECOPAPERLOOP.
Complete name: Eco design for the enhancement of main Europe paper based items reusing loophole.
- Top priority: Environment.
- Area of Intervention:3.4 Supporting Eco-friendly Technologies and Activities.
- Period: September 2012 – December 2014 (28 months).
- Complete spending plan:.
- ERDF payment: EUR 2.271.176,00.
- EUR 1.781.258,60.
Innovhub– Stazioni Sperimentali per l’industria (Lombardia, IT), Paper Innovation Consulting GmbH (Baden-Württemberg, DE), Technical College of Darmstadt – Chair of Paper Innovation (Baden-Württemberg, DE), Technical College of Dresden, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Timber and also Paper Technologies, Chair of Paper Innovation (Sachsen, DE), Pulp as well as Paper Institute Ljubljana (Slovenija, SI), College of Ljubjana (Slovenija, SI), College of West Hungary (Nyugat-Dunantul, HU), Polish Packaging Research and Development Centre (Mazowieckie, PL), COMIECO, National Consortium for the Recovery and Recycling of Cellulose-based Packaging (Lombardia, IT), Lombardy Region (Lombardia, IT).
Lead partner: Innovhub-Stazioni Sperimentali per l’industria, Paper Research Department (Lombardia, IT).
Lead partner country: Italy.
ECOPAPERLOOP – Summary.
Paper is an all-natural biopolymer obtained from a renewable energy (timber). It is sustainable, recyclable and also, at the end of its life process, eco-friendly. Paper recycling boosts the product life expectancy and is a key approach that adds to cost savings of key raw material, decrease of power as well as chemicals usage, decrease of the impact on fresh water and also improvement of waste monitoring approaches. In main Europe, recovered paper is a major resource (second raw material), nonetheless, the paper reusing price is still highly inhomogeneous. Given that recouped paper is not just recycled in the country where it is produced, some essential attributes such as eco-design as well as eco-collection concepts must be created at global level to enhance the sustainability of the paper loophole.
The project ECOPaperLOOP determined demands of the regions related to the recycled paper, whereas a clear photo on participating region’s status; a higher understanding in the private and also public industries regarding recyclability concerns in addition to shared as well as cumulative knowledge base on available technologies and also methods will be taken on. EcoPaperLoop task will resolve these issues establishing new joint tasks in between extremely oriented paper recycling areas (e.g. Germany and also Northern Italy) as well as various other Central Europe areas where reusing price and reusing oriented eco-design demands substantial renovations.
ECOPAPERLOOP – Objectives.
The task ECOPaperLOOP targets at.
- producing sophisticated know-how on paper-based item recyclability in main Europe;.
- establishing brand-new capacities for the diffusion and application of paper recyclability assessment;.
- promoting technology in the environmental industry with the fostering of far better services for the recyclability of paper products;.
- boosting the understanding of stakeholders as well as decision makers of the personal as well as public industry on paper recycling.
ECOPAPERLOOP – Expected Outcome.
The consortium will execute, to name a few, tasks bring about the establishment of a knowledge database on the recyclability of paper-based products. Consequently brand-new expertise and also awareness on paper-based product recyclability will be developed.
Other outcomes include that:.
- brand-new capabilities for the diffusion as well as application of paper recyclability evaluation will certainly be established;.
- development in the environmental sector with the fostering of much better services for the recyclability of paper items will certainly be cultivated;.
- territorial cohesion between lead knowledge companies and decision makers in the regions will be strengthened; and.
- recognition of stakeholders and choice manufacturers of the personal and public industries will be raised to prolong product life cycles therefore adding to a sturdy change towards even more ecologically sound production processes as well as consumer practices.